Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Appledram Cider




Brewer:  Appledram Farm Products
Location: Near Chichester, West Sussex
Website: http://appledram-cider.co.uk/home.html

The Company:  Appledram Farm products was established in 1983, in the West Sussex Coastal plain.  According to the little history found on the back of the bottle, they produce ciders using centuries old methods.  Apparently, the West Sussex Coastal plain is considered to be one of the ancient orchard sites of England.  Well the ancestor's did like their ciders back then too! 


The Cider:  Jo purchased this cider while in Arundel and brought it back to London.  On our last night in London, we decided to open this puppy up.  Again, because of the lack of a fridge or ice, this cider was served at room temperature.  I feel this didn't do this cider justice.  This 500ml bottle packed 6.8% alc.  With the pour there was no carbonation.  As for the taste, it was dry.  The after taste had a wine like bite to it and for the fact I had tried a couple of different scrumpy ciders this reminded me of a scrumpy.  All I could gather from the brief history written on the label is that this product was a traditional draught cider.  I really would have liked to have tried this chilled or over ice.  Something to look forward too.

To quote Samuel Johnson " When a Man is tired of London, he is tired of life!"  So true!!  I hope you have enjoyed my reviews on all the different ciders I tried while in England. 

Cheers!


Laurie

2 Comments:

At December 20, 2012 at 11:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice blog. Just became an "in-cider"...No celiac, but I just can't drink beer and need something sweeter but not too sweet. Am in USA..different brands. Bought some Magners, Woodchuck(4 varieties) and the really big one down here, Angry Orchard(by Sam Adams). Will try one a day ...to de-cide...

 
At December 21, 2012 at 6:06 PM , Blogger Laurie said...

Thank you and welcome to the world of cider. I have gotten hold of some Woodchuck and will be writing about them shortly. Magners is a unique brand. Angry Orchard sounds amazing just by the name alone! I will keep an eye out the next time I head south of the border. Enjoy your cider and keep me posted on what you think!

Cheers!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Tweet